The experts at Sarasota Plastic Surgery Center provide PRX Derm Perfexion treatment, a popular cosmetic solution to improve the skin’s general health and appearance. The common aftermath that occurs with skin peels, including the itchy, dry, and peeling skin, is less than ideal. This innovative treatment offers the beautiful results possible with chemical skin peels without the peel.
PRX Derm Perfexion
How does PRX Derm Perfexion TREATMENT WORK?
PRX Derm Perfexion in
The combination of ingredients in PRX Derm Perfexion offers significant results by penetrating deep into the dermal and basal layers of skin to stimulate rejuvenation and healing while promoting cell turnover and general skin health. The innovative PRX Derm Perfexion formula powers the treatment itself, and each active ingredient plays a role in the treatment process, delivering exceptional results.
Specifically, the ingredients perform the following functions:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) – makes up 33% of the formula. It is an active ingredient used for exfoliation in many chemical peels. Still, it also stimulates the growth of fibroblasts (the body’s primary connective tissue cells) and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also destroys bacteria, microbes, microscopic dirt, and debris buildup within the pores.
- Kojic acid – is a brightening agent that suppresses melanin production. This makes it great for improving skin tone, decreasing pigmentation, and delivering brighter, healthier-looking skin.
- Hydrogen peroxide – the oxygen released when hydrogen peroxide is applied to skin lifts out particles, cleaning the surface layers and penetrating deeply to clean the skin gently. It also makes skin cells more sensitive to the other ingredients, maximizing their effectiveness.
The treatment itself is simple and painless. We will thoroughly clean the skin. Then, the PRX Derm Perfexion solution is applied and massaged into the skin until fully absorbed. Typically, patients receive between two and four applications, depending on their treatment plan. Following the applications, a deep moisturizer is applied.
The entire PRX Derm Perfexion treatment session typically lasts about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the treated area. Most patients report little to no discomfort during the procedure. There may be some mild tingling or itching, but it should be bearable without needing any numbing or local anesthetic. The aftercare products are included in the cost of treatments and the patient will go home with their specialized homecare products.
Are there side effects to PRX Derm Perfexion Treatment?
The side effects of PRX Derm Perfexion are minimal, especially compared with other skin peels. Immediately following the procedure, your skin may be warm and pinkish in color for a few hours. Unlike chemical and laser peels, your skin is significantly less likely to peel, but some peeling does happen, especially in thick skin areas. Areas where the skin is sensitive (like the skin around the eyes), may experience some mild swelling. All side effects of PRX Derm Perfexion improve within a few hours.
How long will PRX Derm Perfexion Treatment last?
The number of treatment sessions needed will vary depending on the desired goal and what skin condition is being addressed.
Specifically, your medical aesthetician may recommend the following PRX De3rm Perfexion treatment plans:
- For general improvement in skin appearance – 1 session a week for three to four weeks
- Hyperpigmentation, freckling, and dark spots – 1 session a month until desired results are achieved
- Indented scars – weekly sessions until appearance and texture of scars improve
- Stretch marks – 1 session a week for 3 to 10 weeks or until the desired results are achieved
- Acne and acne scarring – 1 session a week for 3 to six weeks
For treating acne, chronic skin conditions, and general improvement in skin health and appearance, a series of PRX Derm Perfexion treatment sessions should be repeated at least once a year. During your introductory consultation visit, your medical aesthetician will create a customized treatment plan to address your unique situation.